Life is precious. Cherish it.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Banana-Q

I have been craving for banana-Q since last week, and today I decided satisfy my craving.
I don't have saba banana, but I do have plantain. I also have brown sugar, but oh no I don't have sticks. Anyway, forget about the sticks, I'm still gonna make my own version of banana-Q.

I like my banana-Q with sesame seeds, so before frying the plantains, I sprinkled some sesame seeds first in the pan. It would take 2-3 minutes to brown the seeds. Then transfer the fried sesame seeds in a plate and set aside.
 
Next, I sliced the plantains. Heat the pan and put about 1/2 cup of oil. I fried the bananas first, 4-5 slices at a time.When both sides of the bananas turned light brown, I sprinkled the brown sugar on top of the banana slices.

You have to wait for the brown sugar to melt before turning the banana slices one by one, then sprinkle sugar again and wait for the sugar to melt again. When the sugar started to melt, sprinkle fried sesame seeds, then carefully stir the banana slices and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Transfer in a plate with paper towel, then serve and enjoy!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Never eat more than you can lift. - Miss Piggy